Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeEcho ChannelLatest imagesGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

VCMP Basics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vssr

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:06 pm

PART - 1

Iam making some videos which would be helpful to the newcomers in vcmp.
Here is the first part :-
- Katana :- It is one of the more powerful melee type weapons; it is able to behead opponents with a single slice.
- Grenade :- It is a throw-able weapon which makes the opponent to fall down (if they are not in air) so that they can be finished off, the HP opponent loses depends on the distance (i.e how close they are from exploding grenades)
- Molotov :- It is another throwable weapon which burns the opponent, but it sometimes harms the teammates too.
- Colt 45 :- It is one of the weapons with which players can run and shoot.
- Python :- A difficult to use but powerful weapon kills the opponents in two shots Players cannot run while shooting this weapon but can sprint while holding this weapon.
- Shotgun :- Weakest weapon in the shotgun family, but has the highest range (in shotgun family) and also a decent rate of fire. Players cannot run while shooting this weapon and cannot sprint while holding this weapon.
- Stubby :- It is powerful and extremely useful in 1 vs 1 duels. Its rate of fire is low and it has the lowest range among the shotgun family. Players cannot run while shooting this weapon and cannot sprint while holding this weapon.
- Spaz :- Spaz is the only weapon in the shotgun family which can fire multiple shots before reloading. It is one of the easiest weapons to use. Players cannot run while shooting this weapon and cannot sprint while holding this weapon.
- Ingram :- It is a type of sub machine gun which can be used to shoot from inside the vehicle (Drive by). Players can run while shooting this weapon and sprint while holding this weapon.
- Tec9 :- It is somewhat similar to ingram in usage.
- Uzi :- It is a type of submachine gun which can be used to kill opponents by drive bying. Player cannot run while shooting this weapon but can sprint while holding this weapon.
- MP5 :- It is similar to Uzi but has a slower rate of fire.
- M4 :- It is a long range stand still shoot weapon. It can kill instantly if shot in the head. Crouching with M4 provides better aim.
- Ruger :- It is similar to M4 but has slow rate of fire but has a better grip.
- M60 :- It has the best rate of fire in vcmp and also has a good range.
- Rocket Launcher :- The effects on opponents due to rockets is similar to that of grenades, but unlike grenades players cannot jump or sprint while holding rocket launcher and also rockets explode instantly on impact with a body.
- Sniper :- This weapon is used to kill opponents from a safe location due to its extremely high range.
- Laser Sniper :- It is similar to the normal sniper but has a better rate of fire.

PART - 2

Here is the second part :-
This video deals with various techniques to use stubby. The stubby is a powerful weapon, but it has a very short range. This video contains demonstration for each technique and a few duels which provides general picture about these techniques.
The techniques used in this video are :-
1. Jumping :- It is one of the easiest techniques to learn, if you use WASD keys use the spacebar to jump or if you use the normal direction keys use the right Ctrl key to jump. Just jump randomly and shoot while you land then jump again.
2. Fast Switching (FS) :- Switching fast to a weapon with which the player can sprint (ingram, tec9, colt 45 and other lighter weapons) from a weapon with which player cannot sprint (M60, Stubby and other heavier weapons) is fast switching doing so helps the player to move faster. Note this technique is not hard but it requires some practice.
3. Crouching :- Crouching gives a better aim to the players. When fast switching is mixed with crouching the player can move at a good speed while fighting. While using a stubby while crouching you can fire rapidly at a extremely faster rate this is known as crouch glitching (see 02.09 - 02.20 in the video). Note Crouch glitching is not allowed and if used will result in ban in certain servers.
4. Jumping along with fastswitching :- Mixing random jumping along with fastswitching is a good technique used by many players in vcmp, it helps in adding a bit of unpredictability to your moves.

Aim against lag :- This applies to all weapons and all players, while shooting always try to shoot more in future. The reason for this is the player 's ping. Lower the ping lesser the lag, ping is actually the time taken for the data (a video frame) to receive and send, if a player A has ping of 450 (0.45 sec lag) and a player B has a ping of 550 (0.55 sec lag) then the lag would be equal to 1 Second (450 +550 = 1000 and a ping of 1000 means a lag of one second). Few things which affect a player 's ping include the distance from the server and the bandwidth allocation.

Part 3 coming soon

Last edited by vssr on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
koray
koray

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Good man.
Back to top Go down
DarkAngel
DarkAngel

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 am

coool Cool
Back to top Go down
SpeedDemon
SpeedDemon

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 am

Good Work Vssr
Back to top Go down
HeadCross
HeadCross

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Nyc!
Back to top Go down
randeep
randeep

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Fundamental basics of virtual fighting Very Happy n1 vid dude
Back to top Go down
vssr

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:15 pm

PART - 2 Updated
Back to top Go down
Mr.Vercetti
Mr.Vercetti

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 pm

Amazing Shocked

Good Work Vssr
alien
Back to top Go down
chiaki95
chiaki95

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 am

great work
Back to top Go down
sidhu.

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 pm

very good my friend.how did u make that video with webcam or what?
Back to top Go down
vssr

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:17 pm

sidhu. wrote:
webcam
hypercam
Back to top Go down
napster

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:43 pm

u did really a nyc job bro.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VCMP Basics Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCMP Basics   VCMP Basics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VCMP Basics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top